7 unmissable places in Murray Bridge to take the family
Posted: 4th June 2023
Posted in: Blog
With the winter school holidays just around the corner, parents and caregivers are on the hunt for exciting activities to keep their children entertained. Look no further than Murray Bridge!
Situated just an hour’s drive from Adelaide, South Australia, this regional destination offers a perfect blend of adventure, natural beauty, and historical charm.
Get ready to embark on an extraordinary adventure that will create lasting memories for your family. Here are 7 unmissable places in Murray Bridge that you should explore:
- Monarto Safari Park: Connect with nature and get up close and personal with lions, giraffes, cheetahs, and rhinoceros, among other magnificent animals, at the largest safari park in the world. Watch these creatures roam freely in a setting that mimics their natural habitat. Don’t forget your camera to capture those unforgettable moments of joy and wonder on your children’s faces.
- River Adventures: Murray Bridge is known for its picturesque river, offering an array of activities for kids. Whether your child is a budding water sports enthusiast or simply loves being on the water, there’s something for everyone. Enjoy fishing, kayaking, jet skiing, wakeboarding, and more. For watersports tours and equipment hire visit Freedom Boat Hire.
If the weather is a bit chilly, Bridgeport’s heated infinity pool with its spectacular views overlooking the River Murray is a must-see.
- Adventures in Local Parks and Nature Trails: If you prefer a more relaxed outdoor experience, Murray Bridge has an abundance of local parks and nature trails to explore. Take your little explorers on an adventure along picturesque trails that wind alongside serene riverbanks, revealing awe-inspiring panoramic vistas. Engage in nature-infused activities like thrilling scavenger hunts or spotting local kangaroos, koalas, and a diverse array of birdlife. Kinchina Conservation Park is just one of these located in Monarto Crown Land.
- Sturt Reserve: Located just a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Hotel, Sturt Reserve is a popular recreational area along the Murray River. It features a playground, BBQ facilities, a BMX park, and the famous Bunyip (Mulyawonk), a mythical creature from Aboriginal folklore. Watch in awe as the Bunyip rises from the depths of its cave and roars. It’s a great budget-friendly spot for a family outing relaxing by the river.
- Cruise down the river on a Paddle Wheeler
Sit back, relax, and soak in the stunning scenery as you glide along the Murray River. Cruises offered in Murray Bridge, such as Captain Proud Paddle Boat Cruises, provide a unique experience for the whole family. Kids can even help the captain steer the paddle boat, adding to the excitement.
- Treat your family to high tea
Treat your family to a delightful high tea experience in The Lounge at Bridgeport or check out the cake cabinet filled with yummy delights. For a less formal dining option, The Rivergum Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a dedicated kid’s menu. Parents can even enjoy a sneaky gin cocktail teapot while enjoying spectacular views of the Murray River and the twin bridges.
- Ten pin bowling or cinemas: If you’re looking for all-weather activities, ten pin bowling and cinemas are great options for the whole family. Bridge Bowl also offers Ten Pin Bowling ramps for the younger kids and the adults who prefer a better chance of a strike! Alternatively, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy a movie at the local cinema to entertain the whole family.